Welcome! This is my (Dave Mackey) virtual homestead. It serves as a central nexus around which you can explore various aspects of me – including a number of other sites I run. Feel free to explore!
- Dave Enjoys – I post regularly about different products, services, and organizations that I find to be of high quality. My goal is to promote what is worthwhile and help folks find their way through the massive quantity of products and services available to the very best.
- OCD Dave – Focuses on mental health issues – with the primary focus being on Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. As someone with childhood onset OCD and Depression, I have a lot of experience with and am constantly learning about these (and other) mental health topics and want to share my knowledge to assist others who are suffering as I have.
- FreeWargamer – One of my hobbies is computer wargaming. I’ve long run the most extensive site on free computer wargames on the internet.
- Hutsell’s Games - I’m the official distributor for W.R. Hutsell’s classic, turn-based strategy war games and this is the official site for Hutsell’s games.
- Civil War Search Directory - An old site I still keep around. Once, I used to run a quite popular Civil War site (this one), but now it is just a small Google Coop.
- Game Secretary - One of my first ASP.NET sites it offers a large database of group games for youth leaders.
- Layered Bible – This is a long-term and slowly progressing project to develop something similar to William Barclay’s Daily Study Bible for the entire bible from an evangelical perspective.
- Open Source Scriptures – An attempt to build on top of the ASV and WEB to create an entirely crowd-sourced translation of Scripture with a high level of quality and readability.
- TechGospel – An attempt to build a technical community around the communication of the gospel. A slow work in progress.
- Justice and Love - A site that delves into God’s justice and love and reconciling the two. It is more of a research project than a site providing info. to the public. It contains the contents of much of my ongoing research on the topic.